Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More BiRtHdAy FuN!!!

Charlie's actual birthday (4/15) was last Thursday.  So, for some big excitement I took him to the grand opening of our new Kroger here in Lynchburg! (isn't that what any kid would want to do on their birthday?)  This is how the morning started off, Charlie wasn't very thrilled about going to Kroger on his 1st birthday!

He cheered up when I assured him of how fun it would be and that I would take him to Chick-fil-A for his birthday lunch! 



While at Kroger, I saw something special for Charlie for his birthday..... he got so excited when I showed it to him in the store!!  His very own Elmo cupcake!!

Well, we didn't get to go to Chick-fil-A for his birthday lunch because he was so tired from all of the excitement at Kroger (sampling 10 kinds of cheese, guacamole, & fruit takes a lot out of 1 year old).  He actually fell asleep on the way to Chick-fil-A so, I went through the drive through.  (don't worry, I had a celebratory lunch in his honor)  Troy and I did take Charlie out to eat for his birthday dinner! We went to eat mexican, which Charlie LOVES!!

Well, we finally got brave enough to let Charlie indulge in his cupcake!  I'll let you determine if you think he enjoyed it or not!

Needless to say, I don't think we'll be doing this again for another year!! :)

1 comment:

shaefer and kristina said...

Looks like charlie had SO MUCH FUN with that cupcake!!! love it!! :)...and can't believe he is a year old already!!!!!!!