Wednesday, February 17, 2010

VaLeNtInEs DaY!!!

 We had a nice Valentine's weekend!  Troy and I decided that we wouldn't get each other gifts since we're going to Sin City next week and I'm sure we'll find some things out there that we like that they probably don't have here in Lynchburg. (that is an understatement!)   Friday night we went to one of our favorite local restaurants, Mangia, and had a nice dinner.  Of course, Charlie went with us and he enjoyed himself as well.  I was a little skeptical taking him to a nice restaurant on Valentine's weekend while people are trying to have a 'romantic' dinner but, he behaved quite nicely.  :)  (and I enjoyed having both of my Valentines with me)  
 Saturday, Troy had to work then he came home and watched Charlie while I was going to run errands but that only lasted about 30 minutes because he got called out again so, Charlie and I ran a couple of errands and then I decided that to get an infant in and out of a car seat to run into a store for one thing at 3 or 4 different locations is just not worth it so, we came home and played! :)  
 On Sunday, we went to eat brunch with Nat and Sandy (Troy's parents) and friends, Mike and Libby.  Charlie was a trooper.  He saw a little girl (probably about 6-7 months old) and he couldn't stop looking and smiling at her.  (poor little guy is only around adults)  After brunch we came home and watched the Daytona 500 that lasted ALL day!! It was a nice and relaxing day and great way to end the weekend! 


Charlie's Valentine gifts!

Checking out his monkey, Dynamite!

Looking at his card before he tried to eat it! 

Troy and Charlie before going to brunch!

Charlie and I after brunch (it wore him out!)  :)

Being so cute & lovable takes A LOT out of you!!!

BTW: Can you believe Charlie was 10 months old Monday?

1 comment:

shaefer and kristina said...

he is just so precious, especially in that last sleeping pic. i want to come squeeze him!!!!