Sunday, September 20, 2009

MAJOR Prayer Request!!


DeVontae

I have a HUGE favor to ask of everyone....that you please pray for this little guy in this picture!! When I moved back to Lynchburg 4 years ago, I started working at the Orthopeadic Center.  I still work as needed to help out but, I have worked with and become friends this little guy's mom, Danetta, since I have been there.  This is DeVontae, he is 22 months old.  To make a long story short, this past week, DeVontae was diagnosed with neuroblastoma (aka: cancer).  The tumor is around his kidney, pressing on his liver.  The bone scan was negative that the cancer has not spread to his bones. (Thank the Lord!)
  They were going to take him to surgery this past week to remove the tumor and his kidney but, now have decided to wait since it is in fact cancer.  DeVontae will begin chemo this week to try and shrink the tumor so, hopefully they can prevent from having to remove his kidney.
  Danetta is a single mother and I know they have a LONG road ahead of them.  They are still at the UVA hospital and are not sure how long they will be there.  (They went on 9/11 to have a CT Scan & were told they had to stay due to the scan results and have been there since.)  Danetta is still in strong spirits but I know that this has got to be traumatic for her.  She also has an older son who she has to be away from while staying at the hospital!!
  Please keep DeVontae and Danetta in your thoughts and prayers!! He's such a cute and sweet little boy!! The picture above was taken at my baby shower in March! (It's the most recent pic I have!)
  Thank You!!!

2 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

I'm praying! A friend of mine has a grandchild that has been fighting neuroblastoma for several years now, so I know what kind of road is ahead for them. There are some wonderful success stories out there, so they should hold onto that - prayers are answered!

Chapel said...

Thanks, Lannae!! We just found out that he is in the advanced stage 3 and they were doing more test today to see if it has reached Stage 4 & to see about what type of treatment. But, it still seems that it has yet to spread anywhere else! So, that is good news!!