Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sick Days....

  Remember when you were in school and you got a certain amount of 'sick days' a year?  Wasn't that awesome?!  You could stay out of school with no consequences- lay around on the couch and veg, catch up on the 'day time' TV shows, have your Mama or Grandma (whoever it may be) wait on you hand and foot.  Yep, those were the BEST 'sick days'!
  We've had the "junk" going around our house over the past week and a half.  First Troy, then me, then Charlie, & still me.  I was thinking this morning, wouldn't it be or have been nice during this past week if I had a 'Sick Day'?!!?  To do nothing but lay on the couch, sleep, watch TV, someone make me snacks & meals- whatever I wanted.  But, that is a thing of the past because no matter how bad I may feel, there's someone who HAS to be taken care of 24/7.  But, I will say- seeing Charlie smiling again after him being sick a couple of days is definitely WORTH it! He was quite pitiful when for no apparent reason he would just start to cry, his eyes red & watering, & try to breath through a stopped up nose.  But, he is on the mend....still just a little congested.
  Last night, Charlie was tired and fell asleep in my arms so, I decided to lay him down on the pallet that I had made earlier. (Since I can't take him and put him to bed being as he's STILL sleeping with us.....I KNOW- shame, shame!)  I was busy doing other things when Troy called me into the living room to look at Charlie sleeping...... Here is what I saw.....



Kode had curled about right against Charlie and they were both sound asleep!  It was quite precious!!  They really do love each other!

No comments: