Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Catch Up!

WARNING: LONG POST!!!!

I know I am WAY behind on blogging but, it has been one busy month (and a half)!! Well, I'll try not to drag this out too much so, I'll give you the short version (you won't think it's so short)!  The weekend before Christmas we went to Georgia for Christmas at my Grandma Tyner's house.  We had a wonderful time but it is never long enough....we are ALWAYS on the go and always have people to see! :)  
  On Saturday, we went to Grandma's for lots of good food and fellowship! Oh, AND presents!!! :)  This was the first time Charlie had unwrapped a gift before.  He seemed a little more interested in the wrapping paper and bows than the toys at the time! (Although he's happy with his toys now!)





Charlie was allowed to touch, kiss, & drool all over the miror!! (This would have been a 'no, no' for us growing up!!)


We came back to Virginia on Monday and we came home to 12 inches of snow! It was everywhere!! Some of our friends who live 20 minutes from us got 16-17" inches!! It was gorgeous!!!  BUT, it is STILL in my yard!!!!! and it will be a month ago this coming weekend!  When I say in my yard, I mean I haven't seen the grass in my backyard since December 18th!!!   But, on the bright side: We had a white Christmas!! :)  Here's what we came home to:






On Christmas Eve, Grandma Tyner, Gran, and Gramps came to stay for a few days with us! We had a nice and relaxing time.  I enjoyed having a helping hand  Charlie seemed to really enjoy having some extra attention!  Grandma let him play in the kitchen on Christmas Eve while Gran cooked and Troy and I were busy having last minute talks with Santa Claus. 



On Christmas morning, Gabe came into town and Grandpa and Grandma Kershaw came over to spend Christmas with us!  Charlie definitely was the center of attention although, he still seemed to REALLY like the wrapping paper and bows! Oh, and Kode REALLY likes the wrapping paper also!!








Troy and Gabe trying to get the snow and ice off of the driveway from the previous week!!  There was so much that there are still a few patches of ice on my driveway from a month ago!!! 


After Chrismas we had more family come to visit! Grandad, Nana J, and Aunt Keri came and stayed through the New Year! Charlie had more presents to open...more paper and more bows to play with! :)  and of course, more toys and clothes!  We had a great time, Keri hooked up our Wii and needless to say...... we now have some bowlers around our house! :)





Needless to say, we had a WONDERFUL Christmas!! Charlie's first Christmas was a success!! The grandparents definitely 'out did' Santa this year!! (He told me to tell everyone, 'Thank You & keep it up!')  :-)    We are so thankful that we were able to spend Christmas with our families!  I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!  ......I'm ashamed to say but I FINALLY just got all of my decor downstairs this past weekend!!   Hope you all enjoyed this LONG post.....of course, I have more pics but, too many to put all of them up!!

No comments: